021 | Project Runway 15 Finalists at NYFW SS17

3:07:00 PM

Alright, so. I wrote down about the infamous episode of The Amazing Race Asia, and it is written down under “Reality TV” category. So why don’t I write another review on another reality TV I’m interested with? Yes, it’s about Project Runway for this post.

15 season of Project Runway! Yes, I watched lots of Project Runway since its inaugural season back in 2004. I’ve been discovered numerous good talents who are born from the show. Christian Siriano, Fabio Costa, Dmitry Sholokhov and Kini Zamora are some of my favourite talents. But in this post, I’m going to talk about the Top 4 finalists of season 15 who did the runway show at New York Fashion Week. Here I go!

Laurence Basse

She’s known for her neat and sharp tailoring during the show. She did numbers of leather works, bikers jacket with such a detailed finishing. Laurence’s collection are going pretty tomboy with those leathers, structured shoulder and masculine-feminine mood, as she went pretty earthy with her color schemes.

Roberi Parra

To be honest, I don’t really pay attention to his creations during the show. But one of his work that is pretty mesmerizing is the one he did during the unconventional challenge when he created a dress from dozens of paper lanterns. Roberi’s final collections are down with balanced combination between colored & monochrome pieces in one whole look.

Erin Robertson

To be on point, I love Erin’s collection. At the first time I saw her first model went down to the runway, I directly knew that those quirky DNAs is definitely Erin’s. Ain’t forget to mention those big sized banana graphic patches on her last model, it is kinda like a signature that makes us clearly know that her collection speaks louder than words.

Rik Villa

Rik is actually my favourite on this season because he’s doing really well in his construction, and his willingness to pay attention to his details; his pretty good doing in avant-garde, in my opinion. He’s showing denim exploration at his final collection. Pretty good but I’d rather to see him doing monochrome, though.

Photo credit: Mikhail Veter

You Might Also Like

0 comments